Wednesday, August 20, 2008

EPA clean up - Day one

Everything went well, they have made a lot of progress. I did have an odd moment today when I was in the house and they had put the plastic over the dirt for the evening. Seeing the white ground outside the window made me feel like it was the middle of winter for a split second and actually made me a little disoriented. haha. Anyway, here are some pics of what's going on back there.
The only thing I am concerned about is the stump, you can see it near the chain link fence. I hope they are able to get it further down than it is right now!














2 comments:

Michael said...

I can't remember if you wrote about it, but did it scare you to learn about the toxins in your yard?

And does it scare you to see your yard covered in tarps to keep the toxins in the ground (for now)?

I kinda scares me.

RSP said...

No, it didn't really scare me, I was more irritated that no one told me before I bought the house. I would have been upset if I had children because they are the ones who are most susceptible to this. To be honest I was just happy to be getting a new yard. :o

It is a little disturbing to see my yard like this though, all sealed up. And when they were digging they had some kind of a meter on the fence I guess to make sure the toxins weren't getting in the air too much. They kept wetting the dirt down to keep the stuff from flying in the air. Plus the fact that the guys were all wearing hazmat suits, it all looked a little unsettling. It has actually been somewhat traumatic. It was definitely drawing some onlookers.