Monday, November 10, 2008

Random Act of Violence (against my bike)

Well, it happened. Someone broke into my garage by busting in the side door. They stole my bike and my friend's snow blower. I am so sad about this. My bike was awesome. It was the first bike I'd had since I was a kid. I loved riding it around my neighborhood, singing the first lines of LDN by Lily Allen in my head. And now someone stole that from me. They've also stolen my peace of mind. Now I just worry that they will come back for the things they didn't steal. Maybe next time it'll be the house, instead of the garage. I'm going through a lot of emotions over this. I know it's not personal, but all I can think is why did someone do this to me?

2 comments:

Michael said...

I'm so sorry to learn about this.

You're a victim now. You've been victimized. You'll feel off for a few weeks, but after that -- things will start to feel good again.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Thinking positive peaceful thoughts for your sake...

Michael

Domesticated said...

I just got an email from one of the people on my block that some guy was trying to break in through front porches. I am stuck here at work and now I am reading your email. I'm a little freaked out.

Sorry to hear about your bike and snow blower. Losers.