Monday, June 23, 2008

Dining Room Built In

I'll start by saying that I've had some problems with tendinitis in my shoulder, wrist and hand on my right arm, and since I'm right handed and need my hands to work, I've been laying off the house stuff for now because I need to give this time to heal. It's a bummer and it's actually got me a little worried about my livelihood, so I guess it's better to have the house take a bit longer to keep being able to go to work and make a living. So I guess I'll take this time to try and get caught up on posting some of my progress since the last update.

I got the dining room built in painted and added new hardware.





To the right you can also see the little door that opens up to the little telephone cubby.

First I took off the door and the wood frame. Please excuse the mess, this was one of the only horizontal surfaces to place things for a while, so it became kind of a catchall. Since I have only one phone jack, you can see I already had an electrical outlet placed in this area so I can put in a cordless phone.



I stripped the door and frame, primed, painted, added a new knob and put it all back together:


2 comments:

Michael said...

Is your shoulder healed? I'm curious to see what else you've been up to...

Last weekend at the Green Mill I ran into an interior designer and we got to talking about our condos. She said she'd help me with my bathroom! I'm pretty excited at the possibility of having a stylish space. Hopefully she'll whip up something snazzy and I can post some pics...

Keep up the work!

RSP said...

My shoulder is better.. thank you! I started working full time and while it's nice to make more money, it's really taking up my time, lol! But I am working, slowly but surely. Yes, I wanted to move in like 2 months ago, and probably won't for at least 2 more months, but it's ok.

I can't wait to see what this interior designer comes up with for your bathroom!! That sounds awesome. :)