Sunday, March 2, 2008

Just say NO! to wallpaper!

This buying and owning a house thing is definitely a learning experience. The first lesson I've leaned is to not buy a house with wallpaper in it. Wallpaper can hide lots of things. That's not to say that it's been done on purpose, but that's always a possibility. My dreams of nice, paint-ready walls underneath the wallpaper were just that.

As for the bathroom, I've decided to call in a contractor to get an opinion. My neighborhood association has a list of contractors that they have "approved" or whatever so I'm going to start there. I am pretty sure that we are going to tear out the plaster and tile in the shower area, put up some special sheetrock and then I will re-tile it myself to try and save a little money. Hopefully this fix will be somewhat simple and effective. And hopefully this will be the only major thing that pops up as I prepare my house to move in!!

No comments: